Redwood Country.
Early to bed and early to rise. We see the same palate of molten color in the morning and evening. Work continues despite the full moon and ahead of a forecast of rain. Everything I own smells like fresh peeled tangerines or me. Our host kindly provided sleeping pads which cover gnarled toots and the stony teeth of the Earth. I spend a few langorous moments at the end of each day watching sunset, twilight and the gloaming, the day rolls away and the stars spread out burningly luminous. We have been near the full moon so far; I wonder how dark it will get.
My guys are adjusting beautifully and to be honest so am I. Born in Michigan my blood knows how to thicken and it is.
Humanity and Nature live in a rough parity here. This is forest and farm country. Already we are a known factor- our movements in town are conspicuous with so few residents. Luckily our truck projects a wholesome and friendly image which our interactions support.
I am starting to worry a little at the relish in the eyes and voices of those who keep telling us it will get much colder.
How do you winterize a tent?
Suggestions are welcome.
Time to get back to work. From the men of Earth Mission, love to those we left at home.
Ralph
No comments:
Post a Comment