Notes From the North Idaho Falls VOLUME 2
Episode 1
An ode to the insanity of driving on icy mountain roads:
Back on the Road Agin
pick-up trucks and camper shells
icy roads and steepy hells
around the bend I sight my end
but IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
get her back on the road agin!
To baby J I send a prayer
I got to deliver this load
so I got to git it from here to there
and keep her on this road.
I hear them chains in my refrains
and slip-slide even so
I turn into that skid and then
I got her back on the road agin.
It's raining ice and blowing snow
there's no one to cry look out below!
I cannot stay I haveta go
it's dark above me and light below
there's people passing where angels fear to tread
if they aint careful they could very soon be dead
and for all my care and white knuckled attention
these other folk add a new dimension
even doing everything just right
some other fool simply might
go plunging down and take me too
Can't think of that I just have to
concentrate where my headlights fall
and get her off this mountain tall.
I'm one wheel in and one wheel out
of icy ruts and throwing slush
"Watch for rocks" "6 degree slope"
"check your brakes" "abandon hope"
I see that stretch that takes us down
is covered with a freezing mush
but now there caint be any doubt
nor icy devil nor passing me my friend
I got her to the highway, once agin.
I'm racing sunset on my way back home
with gaudy lights in heavens dome
One last prayer to baby J
for keeping me safe on that crazy way.
No comments:
Post a Comment